To find all the previous blocks, fabric requirements and information, click on the link above or on the button below.
Each block is 8" square finished and I decided to design a foundation paper pieced star for mine which I have called Wish Upon A Star.
You can find the template here and you need to print it out four times for the block. Set your printer to 100% or no scaling to make sure it prints out at the right size.
1. Foundation paper piece four of each of templates A and B, trim to the dashed line and remove the papers.
2. Sew the A and B sections into four pairs taking care to match seams and the centre point. Press seams open and trim corners.
3. Sew those sections into two pairs, again matching seams and the centre point. Press seams open and trim corners.
4. Sew the two halves of the block together. To get the centre point to meet, start sewing the seam in the middle of the block, sew to one side, flip the block and sew the remainder of the seam from the centre to the other side of the block. Press seams open.
5. And voila, you have a finished Wish Upon A Star 8" finished block.